Saturday, February 5, 2011

Where we're from


Students selected lines from their "Where I'm From" poems to be used in a whole class version of the poem. Quotes are mixed in with photos students took to illustrate "where they're from." After only a few short photography lessons, I am completely impressed at the photos students took of landscapes, portraits, still lifes, night shots, action shots, etc. The simpleness of some of the lines pack a powerful message and I can't help but watch the video and not get misty eyed.

2 comments:

  1. 6th grade students took awesome photos to show "where we're from" using different photography techniques and combining photos with lines from their, "Where I'm From" poems. We did this at the beginning of the year, so we have to add Natna and Asenat in still!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this because we are talking about where from and where we came from.

    ReplyDelete